The Age of Love Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of Love Inn

A refuge for the displaced AoC community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lord Of The Rings Online

Go down 
+5
Mongrol
Amorey
ForestRaptor
Guildmaster
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Frodo Baggins
Admin

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Lord Of The Rings Online Empty
PostSubject: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Well with a name like mine...it's only fair I should start the *official* LOTRO thread cheers

Was a WOW player...and love Lotro...great change of pace...looking forward to Age of Conan as well. For those that tried it during the beta...you should check it out again. It is a great game, and I am loving it

( then again my name is Frodo Baggins lol! )

LOTRO (Us Site)

LOTRO (Eu Site)
Back to top Go down
http://ageoflove.heavenforum.com
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Number of posts : 367
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:33 am

I love everything related to Lord of the Rings so I think i could very well be a perfect player Razz geek
Back to top Go down
ForestRaptor
Cotton Cap
ForestRaptor

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 5:03 am

This is for your eyes only!

here
Back to top Go down
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female
Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:49 am

ForestRaptor wrote:
This is for your eyes only!

here

Golum...is that you? affraid

A Stroll Through Rivendell-LOTRO

The Falls of Imladris-LOTRO

The Shire-LOTRO
Back to top Go down
http://hyborian-chronicle.blogspot.com/
Mongrol
Moose Troll
Mongrol

Male
Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:49 pm

as a long time absolutely HUGE fan of pretty much everything Lotr and The Silmarillion... how could I not have this on my PC and play a little from time to time...

... not an overly demanding game, but a joy in places to play... wonderful realisations of the landscapes and the locations...

i'd give it 8/10 and 4 Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven's for being a pleasant game to play

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.mongrol.co.uk
Trajanus
Knuub
Trajanus

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:58 pm

i tested it for about four or five months. i liked it, but not enough to actually subscribe to it at the time.
Back to top Go down
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Moose Troll
Dreadwolf Mistwalker

Male
Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Alpha to beta ...seeemed ok ..but very vanilla.
Back to top Go down
Shogunate
Cotton Cap
Shogunate

Male
Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:29 pm

I'm a player alright! Currently me and a couple of housemates are running around the shire after just starting our hobbit pals. I go by the name Gigglesnort, and I basically look like a fat ugly ginger kid with wierd Al hair and a little pot-belly. Makes me smile whenever I log onto him. Snowbourne server for anyone who wants to hook up.
Back to top Go down
Mongrol
Moose Troll
Mongrol

Male
Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Shogunate wrote:
I basically look like a fat ugly ginger kid with wierd Al hair and a little pot-belly.

too close to reality mate Very Happy

cheers lol! - love the name Gigglesnort - and the hobbits are very cute!

I'm on the Eldar server under the name Luthian Smile Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.mongrol.co.uk
Shogunate
Cotton Cap
Shogunate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Mongrol wrote:
Shogunate wrote:
I basically look like a fat ugly ginger kid with wierd Al hair and a little pot-belly.

too close to reality mate Very Happy

cheers lol! - love the name Gigglesnort - and the hobbits are very cute!

I'm on the Eldar server under the name Luthian Smile Razz

Shocked

My pot bellys not little!!
Back to top Go down
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Just re-installed the game today and paching away for the next few hours I think I love you

I love you Middle-Earth I love you ...here I come back to you....

god, I am that sad you know...I did cry the first time I saw Rivendell in game,
Back to top Go down
Shogunate
Cotton Cap
Shogunate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Amorey wrote:

Lag that bad huh? tongue
Back to top Go down
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Moose Troll
Dreadwolf Mistwalker

Male
Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:26 pm

My hobbitses name was

Sluggo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:26 pm

Amorey wrote:
Just re-installed the game today and paching away for the next few hours I think I love you

I love you Middle-Earth I love you ...here I come back to you....

I wish I could join you, I think I could get some great experience out of that game! I would surely travel to each corner tof the great map and find out every little bits of information of every place!
Back to top Go down
claymore2h
Knuub

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:09 am

DDO left such a bad Turbine-related taste in my mouth that I just couldn't work up enough drive to go purchase another of their titles. I mean that seriously. When I first heard the LoTRo was coming, I had every intention of purchasing it. I love Tolkien! But I also have been a gamer around the tabletop for many, many a year, and really looked forward to DDO, too... And they butchered it! Turbine butchered the one RP title that deserved no part of being butchered. After, I lost all faith in their ability to make a game, period.

Is it sad that hold such a grudge against them for that? Maybe it is, and I apologize for it. I just fear that LoTRo would do nothing but disappoint me, and when it comes to Tolkien, I just don't know if I could bear that. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:32 am

claymore2h wrote:
DDO left such a bad Turbine-related taste in my mouth that I just couldn't work up enough drive to go purchase another of their titles. I mean that seriously. When I first heard the LoTRo was coming, I had every intention of purchasing it. I love Tolkien! But I also have been a gamer around the tabletop for many, many a year, and really looked forward to DDO, too... And they butchered it! Turbine butchered the one RP title that deserved no part of being butchered. After, I lost all faith in their ability to make a game, period.

Is it sad that hold such a grudge against them for that? Maybe it is, and I apologize for it. I just fear that LoTRo would do nothing but disappoint me, and when it comes to Tolkien, I just don't know if I could bear that. Crying or Very sad

I used to have the same reservations Clay, but I must say I was very pleasently surprised.

The game is not only very beautiful to look at, but the lore is been carefully used and followed by the developers. All game play is based on Tolkien's lore. LOTRO is one of those games that do take you by surprise if you love the original trilogy. The beauty of the graphics, the precisions of the world geography, the music that is following you around...you do really feel like in Middle Earth.

The Shire is fantastic...day or night, my favorite place is a panoramic spot just outside Bag End.
I think that you would like this game very much Clay Wink
Back to top Go down
claymore2h
Knuub

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:44 am

Amorey wrote:
I used to have the same reservations Clay, but I must say I was very pleasently surprised.

The game is not only very beautiful to look at, but the lore is been carefully used and followed by the developers. All game play is based on Tolkien's lore. LOTRO is one of those games that do take you by surprise if you love the original trilogy. The beauty of the graphics, the precisions of the world geography, the music that is following you around...you do really feel like in Middle Earth.

The Shire is fantastic...day or night, my favorite place is a panoramic spot just outside Bag End.

If what you say is true, and I respect your opinions a great deal, Amorey, then it's certainly possible that I may one day check out the game. I just couldn't afford to be heartbroken over that one; not over Tolkien! Smile It gives me great pleasure to hear you say such wonderful things about their commitment to the lore and the geography. Both are absolutely key for anything Tolkien!

Who knows, maybe one day this title may find itself on my computer after all, and they'll have you, Amorey, to thank for it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:54 am

claymore2h wrote:
Amorey wrote:

If what you say is true, and I respect your opinions a great deal, Amorey, then it's certainly possible that I may one day check out the game. I just couldn't afford to be heartbroken over that one; not over Tolkien! Smile It gives me great pleasure to hear you say such wonderful things about their commitment to the lore and the geography. Both are absolutely key for anything Tolkien!

Who knows, maybe one day this title may find itself on my computer after all, and they'll have you, Amorey, to thank for it. Wink

Aww...thanks Clay Smile

I tell you what, as soon as I am back in game (after all the patching is done) I will post some screenshots here...LOTRO its just the perfect game to take beautiful pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:55 am

Oh this gets me craving! Razz

Laughing
Back to top Go down
claymore2h
Knuub

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Amorey wrote:
I tell you what, as soon as I am back in game (after all the patching is done) I will post some screenshots here...LOTRO its just the perfect game to take beautiful pictures Smile

I'll certainly look forward to seeing some of those. Smile
Back to top Go down
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 9:56 am

The journey or Leilaniel

Lord Of The Rings Online F_ScreenLeilam_ed0bea1

Lord Of The Rings Online F_ScreenLeilam_421b28b

More to coome soon I love you flower
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:19 pm

Nice!

Wait, whats that burning in the background of the first screenshot? king
Back to top Go down
Shogunate
Cotton Cap
Shogunate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:24 pm

Guildmaster wrote:
Nice!

Wait, whats that burning in the background of the first screenshot? king

The guy she just set alight.
Back to top Go down
claymore2h
Knuub

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 6:16 pm

Very nice, Amorey! Smile

And they even went for the more realistic features with their avatars, too! Something else that I can appreciate. I await more, as promised, with great anticipation. bounce
Back to top Go down
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:20 pm

claymore2h wrote:
Very nice, Amorey! Smile

And they even went for the more realistic features with their avatars, too! Something else that I can appreciate. I await more, as promised, with great anticipation. bounce

I am going to the Shire next....one of my favorite places flower

I will post later on tonight I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord Of The Rings Online   Lord Of The Rings Online Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord Of The Rings Online
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Age of Love Inn :: The Stage :: The Games Corner-
Jump to: