The Age of Love Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of Love Inn

A refuge for the displaced AoC community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fallout Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female
Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-04-25

The Fallout Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Fallout Thread   The Fallout Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 1:23 am

Fallout is a computer role-playing game produced by Tim Cain and published by Interplay in 1997. The game has a post-apocalyptic setting in the late 22nd century, though its story and artwork are heavily influenced by the post-World War II nuclear paranoia of the 1950s

I stared the fallout series many years ago it must be said they are some of the finest rpg's i have ever played.
When the first fallout came out the pc rpg market was becoming stale and oversaturated with fantasy elves and goblins, fallout changed this by putting you into a post apocoliptic world.
The setting of falout is a strange one its an post apocaliptic world like mad max mixed with the happy smiley attitude of the 50's giving it a unique dark hurmor.

The opening movie of to guards shooting a man point blank and then waving happily at the camera starts as the game means to go on.

Fallout Intro Movie

You play as the vault dweller a character that you build yourself using the excelent character stats system, your mission is to find a water chip so your vault can keep supplying water to your people you have a set amount of days to find one.
So you set out in to the seedy wasteland full of mutants, hookers raiders, crime bosses and just about anyone else that you wouldnt want to but into. So you set out on your quest hellping people on your way, or killing them, or stealing from them depending on what how you want to play.

The battle system is great fun if you dont mind turn based battles. In these battle you can aim for different part of the body for different effects e.g hitting people in the legs will slow them down while hitting people in the eyes will effect their aim. It is uses action points and everything from moving to using weapons takes up a set amout of action points.
Although you dont always have to fight a character with high deplomacy can usualy talk his way through most things.
Thats the main reason i hold this game in high regard the wealth of things to do and the options presented to you its very much like the oblivion of its day except minus the goblins and elves.

Fallout Main Site

Currently in development Fallout 3 is an action role-playing game by Bethesda Softworks.
It will be the third major game in the Fallout series.
It will take place in the year 2277, 36 years after the setting of Fallout 2.

Fallout 3 Movie Teaser

I personally can't wait for this one Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://hyborian-chronicle.blogspot.com/
fafne
Cotton Cap
fafne

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-04-25

The Fallout Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallout Thread   The Fallout Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Yes, I loved Fallout I and II. Smile

I wasn´t very impressed by oblivion, I hope they will do a better job with Fallout. I hope it will not be a "Fallout light".

Last edited by fafne on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freecompanions.co.uk
Shogunate
Cotton Cap
Shogunate

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-28

The Fallout Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallout Thread   The Fallout Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:36 pm

scratch Could never get on board with Fallout. Story and dialogue was ace, but the whole turn based square thing...
Back to top Go down
Lodestar
Knuub

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-29

The Fallout Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallout Thread   The Fallout Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 7:04 pm

Never actually played Fallout due to not having a PC up to spec at the time. But I did play Fallout 2. And loved it.

Not sure about Fallout 3 though. I get the feeling it will be Oblvion in Fallout clothes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Fallout Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallout Thread   The Fallout Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fallout Thread
Page 1 of 1