The Age of Love Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of Love Inn

A refuge for the displaced AoC community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Future MMOs of Interest

Go down 
+7
claymore2h
fafne
Guildmaster
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Splodge
Mongrol
Trajanus
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Trajanus
Knuub
Trajanus

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Future MMOs of Interest Empty
PostSubject: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:02 pm

now that AoC is moving towards launch, i've moved my attention to the secret world and stargate worlds.

what other future games are you folks following?
Back to top Go down
Mongrol
Moose Troll
Mongrol

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Trajanus wrote:
now that AoC is moving towards launch, i've moved my attention to the secret world and stargate worlds.

what other future games are you folks following?

just saying Hi Traj!! welcome to the new Inn Very Happy

future games... i really don't know right now... i kinda pinned a lot on AoC... so going to see how it pans out on release
Back to top Go down
http://www.mongrol.co.uk
Splodge
Contarpulator
Splodge

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:26 pm

The Secret World, of course I love you

Kneel before Funcom!
Back to top Go down
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Moose Troll
Dreadwolf Mistwalker

Male
Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:05 pm

hmmm

Am I bad ? I am not looking forward to anything.

(I still dream of a true world of darkness/zombie/apocolyptic hardcore game though)
Back to top Go down
Trajanus
Knuub
Trajanus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:37 pm

Mongrol wrote:

future games... i really don't know right now... i kinda pinned a lot on AoC... so going to see how it pans out on release
i'm a game development nerd, so i am always looking for the next new thing and the next beta. plus, even the best game can only keep me interested for a few months before i need a break.

i'm in three closed betas, "playing" EVE, getting ready for AoC and still looking for something newer.
Back to top Go down
Mongrol
Moose Troll
Mongrol

Male
Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 pm

Trajanus wrote:
Mongrol wrote:

i'm a game development nerd, so i am always looking for the next new thing and the next beta. plus, even the best game can only keep me interested for a few months before i need a break.

i'm in three closed betas, "playing" EVE, getting ready for AoC and still looking for something newer.

got a pointer in a direction of what might be good to keep an eye on - especially from an 'insiders' point of view?

Dreadwolf Mistwalker wrote:
hmmm

(I still dream of a true world of darkness/zombie/apocolyptic hardcore game though)

Yeh what happened to that zombie/demon/vampire MMO someone posted on the AoC forums a while back?

I forgot to link to it and save it Crying or Very sad cat Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.mongrol.co.uk
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Number of posts : 367
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:48 pm

I guess I will keep one of me eyes on TSW....
Back to top Go down
fafne
Cotton Cap
fafne

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:14 am

Hello Trajanus. Its only AoC for me. MMOs are scary, they take a lot of time. So one is more than enough for me.
sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.freecompanions.co.uk
claymore2h
Knuub

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:55 am

Mongrol wrote:
Dreadwolf Mistwalker wrote:
hmmm

Yeh what happened to that zombie/demon/vampire MMO someone posted on the AoC forums a while back?

Don't they have the Exterminous, or whatever the heck it's called, coming out that's a zombie MMO? I remember johnnyanonymous' character "Scruffy the Mountain Man" being made in anticipation of that game. (For those unfamiliar, he started the sketch thread on the official AoC forums in storytellers ooc that Delirious posted all her absolutely phenomenal work on.) I'm pretty sure if you went back to that artist thread you'd find the name of it!

Also, word through the grapevine is that Bioware is working on a new Star Wars MMO? And I've also heard that Elderscrolls has an MMO based on their ever-popular world that's still a couple years away.

Now, I'm not necessarily looking forward to any of these. I fully intend to play AoC for a long time to come, but it's always nice to keep an eye on the horizon, just in case things start to unravel quickly. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lodestar
Knuub

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 7:28 pm

The Secret World will depend alot on AoC anyway. Its has been somewhat mismanaged and maybe damage could be done to FC. Also consider if the same bad practices are carried over. However I do quite like the sound of TSW.

Also Earthrise Sounds promising and Champions Online.
Back to top Go down
amity
Knuub
amity

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Well to start with ehmmm: Shocked
-Guild wars 2
- Earth rise
- Mortal online
- Fallen earth
- All point bulletin.
Back to top Go down
ravenwoods
Cotton Cap
ravenwoods

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:24 pm

The Secret World, Mortal Online, Earthrise and World of Darkness Online.
Back to top Go down
melkathi
Cotton Cap
melkathi

Male
Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:34 am

I have Warhammer Online preordered...

I looked at the Champions Online site like every other City of Heroes player... As the game copies everything thats bad in city of heroes, I am not going to spend more time talking or typing about it than this post. Guess being a german myself there is a limit to the amound of "entertainment" I can enjoy that has good allstar american posterboy saving the world from evil german. If they make storylines that are just racist garbage then they shouldn't be surprised if they cant succeed on global markets.
After all what did make WoW such a success among other factors? It appealed to everyone and offended noone.

I am looking forward to Bioware's MMO (They were hiring new writers for it. The closing day for entries for their competition ended last week 28th april... I was considering sending in stuff myself).
Of course we'll have to wait a few years.

Going to look into Mythos.

Warhammer 40k of course once THQ decides to really go for it.

The World of Darkness MMO would be nice ... as would anything Smith & Tinker do
Back to top Go down
Trajanus
Knuub
Trajanus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:12 am

the concept of fallen earth seems ok, but the art/design bothers me. i'd like to see that firefly MMO, especiually since it's been rumored that google might publish it.

and i think it's about time FC made AO2!
Back to top Go down
melkathi
Cotton Cap
melkathi

Male
Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:00 am

mmmmmmmm AO2.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future MMOs of Interest   Future MMOs of Interest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future MMOs of Interest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Age of Love Inn :: The Stage :: The Games Corner-
Jump to: