The Age of Love Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of Love Inn

A refuge for the displaced AoC community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spellweaving

Go down 
+2
Amorey
New Ager
6 posters
AuthorMessage
New Ager
Cotton Cap
New Ager

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Spellweaving Empty
PostSubject: Spellweaving   Spellweaving Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:15 am

The act of gift wrapping Hell for an uninvited guest.
Back to top Go down
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female
Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Spellweaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellweaving   Spellweaving Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:44 am

New Ager wrote:

I must say, I do like your definition of Spellweaving lol!

However to be fair to the Hyborian Adventures section of out new forum I also would like to add that the system called spellweaving gives the game's spellcasting classes a way to significantly alter the way they deal damage while simultaneously risking their virtual lives.

Spellweaving should be available for the Priest-type Tempest of Set and Priest of Mitra and the Mage-type Demonologist and Necromancer. Basically, it works like a stance.

Spellweaving's major benefit is that it drastically powers up your spell damage and adds various kinds of special effects.

The downside is spellweaving can be lethal to the caster affraid
Back to top Go down
http://hyborian-chronicle.blogspot.com/
claymore2h
Knuub

Male
Number of posts : 16

Spellweaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellweaving   Spellweaving Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:35 am

Actually, this became my major disappointment with the game recently (obviously not enough of one to turn me away, of course). I loved the idea of their old spellweaving initiative, where one was able to experiment with spells and see what came of it. Their new spellweaving system is really nothing more than chain-casting (at least what I've read about it), which is no different than other spell systems from other MMO's I've played.

I understand that the system they originally pitched was probably more work than they were capable of putting into it, but still, I loved what they were pitching. Now, I'm not excited about it at all... not in the least. I will play Akhesses because I've put so much thought into him that it would be sad for me not to play him, but he'll no longer be my main.

If, however, I'm mistaken in some way with my understanding of this whole weaving art, please feel free to educate me. In this one, I'd love to be wrong! Wink
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Number of posts : 367
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated

Spellweaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellweaving   Spellweaving Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:41 am

Amorey wrote:

The downside is spellweaving can be lethal to the caster affraid

The dreaded Hell level! Oh, I still torch for that one! Razz
Back to top Go down
New Ager
Cotton Cap
New Ager

Male

Spellweaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellweaving   Spellweaving Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 am

Amorey wrote:
New Ager wrote:

I must say, I do like your definition of Spellweaving lol!
It was more color commentary, than it was a definition. Wink
Back to top Go down
New Ager
Cotton Cap
New Ager

Male

Spellweaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellweaving   Spellweaving Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:18 am

claymore2h wrote:
I understand that the system they originally pitched was probably more work than they were capable of putting into it, but still, I loved what they were pitching
I cannot recall in my lifetime how many projects I have embarked on. Many successes and many failures. I know this for certain, I never had thousands of other people waiting with baited breath, whether or not my intentions came to fruition.

I would share your dissappointment if the spellweaving system is nothing more than a 'chain-casting' system. However I feel it is more than that, yet less than you and I originally had hoped.

Sometimes we all have to make concessions when the original goal is proved unreachable or unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
ravenwoods
Cotton Cap
ravenwoods

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Spellweaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellweaving   Spellweaving Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:49 am

As a caster I was bit disappointed because we were promissed much more than this. But then I thought this is better than nothing at the moment.. Maybe in the future they will be able to make it into more like spell mixing who knows. I am glad there is somesort of spellweaving in.
Back to top Go down
Mongrol
Moose Troll
Mongrol

Male
Number of posts : 142

Spellweaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellweaving   Spellweaving Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:23 pm

New Ager wrote:

I'm always attracted to the 'Spell Caster Classes' of any game that has them for this reason - if it's done right of course - and even then when they have been so badly nerfed and gutted of any real power I still want them to be great and will always make a Caster for the sake of it, to defy the cookie cutting crew, to make a statement, even if it's completely wasted...

....cite: the Metaphysic in AO - who has recently undergone a reinvigoration and is very much worth playing - but for a couple of years was overlooked and sidelined and mocked...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mongrol.co.uk
Sponsored content

Spellweaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellweaving   Spellweaving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spellweaving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Age of Love Inn :: Age of Conan :: Hyborian Adventures-
Jump to: