The Age of Love Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of Love Inn

A refuge for the displaced AoC community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!

Go down 
+5
Shield of Hope
Guildmaster
Glavius
Inane
Shogunate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shogunate
Cotton Cap
Shogunate

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Empty
PostSubject: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:29 pm

How do I get out of it?? I've been making excuses for months so I basically caved the other day. Meeting her in an hour for a drink. Rolling Eyes

The thing is I'm not attracted to her, I don't find her interesting, she only ever asks about her ex anyway and to be quite frank I simply dont see any reason to go. Id rather go home and level Gigglesnort. On top of that I told my friend this morning I was going for a drink with her and he pretty much glazed over it, I hope he doesent get the wrong idea - which he might if he listens to my housemate who keeps telling me to do her and be done with it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Inane
Moose Troll
Inane

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Good luck. Perhaps you need to tell her you don't find her fascination with her ex so interesting, or that it actually make you want to do other things instead?

Who knows, perhaps she is uncertain as well.
Back to top Go down
Glavius
Moose Troll
Glavius

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Shogunate wrote:
How do I get out of it?? I've been making excuses for months so I basically caved the other day. Meeting her in an hour for a drink. Rolling Eyes

The thing is I'm not attracted to her, I don't find her interesting, she only ever asks about her ex anyway and to be quite frank I simply dont see any reason to go. Id rather go home and level Gigglesnort. On top of that I told my friend this morning I was going for a drink with her and he pretty much glazed over it, I hope he doesent get the wrong idea - which he might if he listens to my housemate who keeps telling me to do her and be done with it. Sad

A) She's his ex - for a reason

B) She keeps mentioning the ex cos it's common ground and a reason to chat

C) He glazed over it, so either he doesn't care, wants to look like he doesn't care = same deal

D) If you don't find her attractive just go dazzler her with your wit, she might have a nice friend Very Happy

E) Leveling social skills is important, go have fun Razz

G
Back to top Go down
Inane
Moose Troll
Inane

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:40 pm

Ah, you made the more pedagogic reply. Very good cheers

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Number of posts : 367
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:44 pm

Quite a situation I may add!
Back to top Go down
Glavius
Moose Troll
Glavius

Male
Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Inane wrote:
Ah, you made the more pedagogic reply. Very good cheers

What a Face

Hahaha, I'm coming from the PoV that the opportunities to meet new, free and interesting people are inversely proportional to ones age. Not exactly unbiased but maybe insightful?? Anyway, it's Tuesday night, everyone knows Wednesdays are slack days at Uni. Nothing to lose if he spends all day in the sack "not finding her attractive" Very Happy

G
Back to top Go down
Shield of Hope
Knuub
Shield of Hope

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Glavius wrote:

B) She keeps mentioning the ex cos it's common ground and a reason to chat
Exacly my thoughts. Put yourself in her place and I'm sure many of us would assume the same tactic. In the long run that's the best way for people to appear uninteresting though.
Glavius wrote:

D) If you don't find her attractive just go dazzler her with your wit, she might have a nice friend Very Happy
Or at least drop her gently. It's nothing to you, but there's her self-esteem on the line, especially if she's the romantically shy type. She might have a shrine made out of pictures of you and earwax in her closet. What a Face

Last edited by Shield of Hope on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shield of Hope
Knuub
Shield of Hope

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:11 pm

Double post. Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No :@: cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien cat monkey pig
Back to top Go down
Galbryn
Cotton Cap
Galbryn

Male
Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:05 pm

You want to end it quick? Easy. Ask her how she feels about a night ending with goats, canola oil, and banging rocks. If she runs, then you are off the hook. Easy. If she asks you to tell her more..then she's a keeper. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
melkathi
Cotton Cap
melkathi

Male
Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:06 pm

Galbryn wrote:
and banging rocks.

And if her reply to that bit is "You know Mongrol too?" ask her what her forum name is Smile
Back to top Go down
Shogunate
Cotton Cap
Shogunate

Male
Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:55 am

Meh, she wants us to go speed dating. She seems to just want a wingman so to speak in pulling. Probably not a bad situation, I guess I could use her to my advantage with wimmenz as well. Cheers for the advice peeps.
Back to top Go down
Zeggle
Cotton Cap
Zeggle

Male
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:14 am

So your lack of interest indicates this is definately not the girl your talking about!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=haD8NGfvdjk
Back to top Go down
Mongrol
Moose Troll
Mongrol

Male
Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 3:23 pm

melkathi wrote:
Galbryn wrote:
and banging rocks.

And if her reply to that bit is "You know Mongrol too?" ask her what her forum name is Smile

chuckle Very Happy

there is something to be said about not taking backward steps, but then again who knows what the future holds for any of us ... we can only find our way by trying this or that, seeing if we actually want to go in this direction or that ...

... sometimes it is better to know... than to just wonder...

I say go for it... have no expectations, but walk away with more certainty if you are absolutely honest about this not being the right step in your life to make..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mongrol.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!   Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going for a drink with a friends ex - cant be asked!
Page 1 of 1