The Age of Love Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of Love Inn

A refuge for the displaced AoC community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk

Go down 
+5
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Bargi
Guildmaster
Mongrol
ravenwoods
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ravenwoods
Cotton Cap
ravenwoods

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Empty
PostSubject: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:58 am

Amraowned -- To have proof of what is "Conan Canon" quoted to you, by reference, with the appropriate section highlighted. Refers to our beloved forum member and Conan expert, "Amra_the_lion" and webmaster of Amra the Lion, a Conan fanpage

Archoned -- 1. To receive a post in reply containing such knowledge of AoC and/or its forum rules that one swears that the post was by a dev/moderator despite the lack of a blue name. 2. To receive a post in reply containing 3 or more quotes from bymitra.com or conan.ch

Borse -- A simple replacement of the word "force": "Don't borse the issue", "Excessive use of borse", "use the borse, Luke" are all prime examples of borsed use of the word.

Contarpulate -- To engage in the act of contarpulation. "You shall not contarpulate with the city guards!"

Contarpulation -- The process of contarpulating. "Contarpulation is not allowed here."

Contarpulating -- To contarpulate. "Ewww they're contarpulating in public again!"

Cotton Cap -- The most expensive headgear in Khemi. Perhaps because cotton does not grow well in Stygia's arid climes, or because the character in question was poorer than a hobo after happy hour; whatever the reason, in one of the technical beta screenshots we see that some poor adventurer lacks the funding to procure a simple cotton cap from a Khemi market place. May also refer to any object that is obscenely overpriced (123 gold pieces for a slice of pie!? What cotton cap!) or a dirt poor character (He can't even buy cotton cap). Note: The absurdly poor grammar is necessary when speaking of cotton cap. Although singular in tense, it is NEVER 'a cotton cap' or 'the cotton cap' or 'this cotton cap' or granted any other form of article. It is simply 'cotton cap'.

Dread Hours (the) -- The time in which only Dreadwolf trolls through the forums, seeking fresh... something. Scientists are debating exactly WHAT. The Dread Hours begin at unpredictable times, loudly claim to be lurking, then pass as quietly as they arrived.

Fnarlclop -- A fanged moose-sheep hybrid. This was coined as a joke describing the rather bizarre-looking model of a moose from one of the official SpeedTree screencaps. Fnarlclop are said to be very dangerous. They travel in "flocks"

Fneekers -- The plural of fnarlclop. Usually refers to a flock of more than one fnarclop. Fneekers should be regarded with extreme caution.

Grundering -- Similar to tomshirking, the act of grundering is the process of spamming (particularly within the Guild Hall and Thirsty Dog Inn), but unlike tomshirking grundering need not follow any particular discourse, and may indeed be compeletely random. Current theory by leading psychologists Dr.s T. Cruise, L Hubbard and William Smith is that grundering is a subconcious need to achieve something called 'pageclaim'. They recommend ritalin for this affliction.

Humspamity -- Refers to the phenomena of an OP making an incendiary post that causes said thread to generate a spam box of flames against the OP. A cry of dismay as a thread burns like the Hindenburg.

IMNOTINBETA -- 1. Yes you are 2. Chief complaint of leet boiz

Kitane -- The phenomena of seeing a post by someone you were certain had been banned not three seconds earlier

Lughbrication -- the art of smoothly inserting yourself into an argument and trying to sound like an expert on a topic you know absolutely nothing about. Lughbrication usually involves attempting to stiler said topic, and may be perceived as tomshirking, and may cause others to witness a kitane.

Meese -- A fictional word replacing "mooses" as the plural form of "moose". Many on this forum feel that meese should be the proper plural under the logic that if the plural of "goose" is "geese" than the plural of "moose" should be "meese".

Mongrol -- Our resident Pictish mascott. Mongrol is known for being hairy, stinky, drags his kuckles, and is mentally touched, but occasionally is quite eloquent. Newcomers are cautioned to not feed the Mongrol. MONGROLOID: Having features indicative of being related to Mongrol.

Moose -- A large, heavy-pelted antlered animal most common to North America. Known for being beligerent and destructive. The moose came onto the radar of the AoC forums when it was noticed that the model of a moose in a screen capture from the game bore several traits not normally associated with this species. See also, Fnarlclop

Pandoraboxed (P'boxed) -- verb. To be tricked into talking dirty. Pandora is usually at the heart of a pandoraboxing. Be careful what you might end up saying! You have been warned...

Silirrioning -- Verb. Named for Silirion the Forum Moderator (blue name), Silirioning is the act of teasing someone with hints about a treat you know you'll give them soon... but not yet. Thanks Archon!

Sprud -- 1. Generic word, much like 'Borse' but with greater applicability. 'Sprud' can be used to subsitute almost any word in a sentence. 2. More importantly, Sprud appears to refer to some form of deity(s) known only as "The Great Sprud".

Stilered -- The state when an AoC Forum thread has been the site of a debate between 2 posters sufficient to fill one or more pages.

Sturmophobia -- The irrational fear of Sturmrabe. Symptoms include starting posts with "I hate to agree with Sturmrabe, but..", and not wanting to be accused of being a flamer by associating with one...

Sturmrabed -- To have one become the subject of punitive actions by developers, moderators, GMs or other official AoC staff due to one's beligerent and/or aggressive form of opinionated behavior.

Thingese -- A language which, on the surface seems identitical to English, Thingese is in fact completely different grammatically, phonetically and syntactically. A Thing, responding in Thingese to a query, will say something that appears to be completely unrelated. In fact, the Thing is responding perfectly intelligibly, you just can't understand it. An example exchange might go: "Hello, Thing, how are you today and how's the weather in Sweden?" Thing:"Pizza tastes good, especially with beer. I sure do hope I don't get drafted!" When we translate the Thingese into English we find that Thing actually made sense: "I'm great, Grunder! And the sun is shining without a cloud in the sky! I think I'll go grab a beer!"

Tom Clone Army -- Many posters on the AoC forum have the same avatar as Tomshirk. They are known as the Tom Clone Army. All though they are all Tomshirks, it has not yet been determined if they all tomshirk or not.

Tom & Jerry Online -- A fictional MMO that some believe would be more violent than AoC, many would happily subscribe too, and all agree would be totally cool.

TomShirking -- A verb. Meaning to spam the AoC forums. While accusations abound that I spam the forums, I vehemently deny this; I am just an active member of this community. I try to be friends with everyone and post everywhere. If that's spamming, call me the Spam King. Or name spamming after me... oh wait... they did...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are more please add. Or we could carry on with this I figured.This was important for me.
Back to top Go down
Mongrol
Moose Troll
Mongrol

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:43 am

awesome sticky! one for the eternal tablets of stone rabbit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mongrol.co.uk
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Number of posts : 367
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:41 pm

What happened to Guild Hall spamming also known as Guildmastering? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mongrol
Moose Troll
Mongrol

Male
Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 6:19 pm

Guildmaster wrote:

the list obviously needs amending and perhaps even updating with new evolutions of phrase and terms Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mongrol.co.uk
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 6:30 pm

Mongrol wrote:
Guildmaster wrote:

the list obviously needs amending and perhaps even updating with new evolutions of phrase and terms Wink

Ofc...

Together we on this forum will make this list top of the line!
Back to top Go down
Bargi
Moose Troll
Bargi

Male
Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 9:37 pm

Guildmaster wrote:
Mongrol wrote:
Guildmaster wrote:

Ofc...

Together we on this forum will make this list top of the line!
Together we on these forums have spawned at least 50%, if not close to 75%, of those In jokes.
rendeer
Back to top Go down
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Moose Troll
Dreadwolf Mistwalker

Male
Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:34 am

and

we have at least 200k posts on the AoC forums collectively i bet yep I bet

our top posters at least 50k AoC forum posts

bargi
ravenwoods
sturmrabe
amorey
mongrol
dread

guildmaster and amorey are the top too smilie quota people as well
Back to top Go down
Bargi
Moose Troll
Bargi

Male
Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:54 am

...and still we haven't got a new title for the efforts...
rendeer
Back to top Go down
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Moose Troll
Dreadwolf Mistwalker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:35 am

Bargi wrote:
...and still we haven't got a new title for the efforts...
rendeer

darn tooting

at 10k we should get option for custom titles..bleh no respect I tell ya
Back to top Go down
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Moose Troll
Dreadwolf Mistwalker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 6:22 am

I am all alone during the dread hours here Sad
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:35 pm

Dreadwolf Mistwalker wrote:

guildmaster and amorey are the top too smilie quota people as well

That we are!

Watch out when the emoticon spammers are in town! Laughing

Yeah Dread, its hard for em to be here 4am in the morning Razz
Back to top Go down
Entaro
Knuub
Entaro

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:52 am

Poor Tom has been so inactive these days. Bad case of the wife shirk I reckon. She has high upkeep from what I hear. Razz

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Entaro/Misc/WifeShirk.jpg
Back to top Go down
https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Entaro/
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:46 pm

Entaro wrote:
Poor Tom has been so inactive these days. Bad case of the wife shirk I reckon. She has high upkeep from what I hear. Razz

lol!

Thats just great! Razz
Back to top Go down
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Moose Troll
Dreadwolf Mistwalker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:18 pm

Entaro wrote:

lol!

all the snow bunny cards are fabulous !

worth a visit to the snowhawk page
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:05 pm

Dreadwolf Mistwalker wrote:
Entaro wrote:

lol!

all the snow bunny cards are fabulous !

worth a visit to the snowhawk page

Oiiie?

*scuttles*
Back to top Go down
Sturmrabe
Knuub

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:19 pm

I have always been proud of how many SHC members are the origins of those in-jokes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female
Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Sturmrabe wrote:
I have always been proud of how many SHC members are the origins of those in-jokes Very Happy

YES! sunny I love you

WELCOME TO THE INN STURM king

Lei I love you queen lol!
Back to top Go down
http://hyborian-chronicle.blogspot.com/
Sturmrabe
Knuub

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:34 pm

I love you I love you drunken
Back to top Go down
melkathi
Cotton Cap
melkathi

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:11 pm

Sturmrabe wrote:

Isn't TomShirk a member of the SHC?

Always thought that had something to do with it Razz What a Face
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:44 pm

melkathi wrote:
Sturmrabe wrote:

Isn't TomShirk a member of the SHC?

Always thought that had something to do with it Razz What a Face

Ofc he is! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk   Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inn Jokes- as they were collected by Tom Shirk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Age of Love Inn :: Community Boards :: The Inn-
Jump to: