The Age of Love Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of Love Inn

A refuge for the displaced AoC community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG

Go down 
+6
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
ForestRaptor
Guildmaster
Amorey
Glavius
tore
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tore
Knuub
tore

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Empty
PostSubject: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:46 am

So what's the silliest, weirdest, funniest or what have you thing that you've done or had happen to you in an MMORPG?

For those of you who have played Anarchy Online, me and some friends had a low level PVP guild for a while called Clan Imperialist Army (CIA!) where we had rolled new characters and basically built them for low level PVP. We lived together then and we had all set up our computers in the livingroom, so we were all playing together (yes, we were all single back then). Since we liked PVP, we used to spend a lot of time in Meetmedere when we were not doing tower wars.

We made some friends in MMD, one of them was an omni fixer called Panthor who used to gank clanners on the way to the grid, but we eventually became such good friends, we didn't really interfere with eachothers PVP-fun. There was a cave in MMD where people took missions and once there was a whole team of gimps at about our level (upper 60s) going to team a mission there. Panthor jumped them and killed all of them (!) and they naturally got a little pissed off and started sending him tells, calling him all sorts of nasty things. Anyways, he managed to loot a mission key off one of the bodies. He then told us what he'd done on tells and we got there as fast as we could and me and my two friends got each our copy of the mission key. After waiting a bit for the team guys to enter the mission and then some, we snuck in after them ..

PVP was possible in this mission and just as the team were fighting some mobs thinking they were alone, Panthor comes runs straight into the group screaming. People were going "What the hell?!" and they all started chasing him around the whole mission area. Soon there were mobs and people running and screaming everywhere. Me and my other friends were basically just crying with laughter and killed mobs as they came. Eventually, the team managed to exact their revenge on Panthor who was finally incapacitated by laughing so hard he thought he was gonna have a heart-attack.

After that, things got a bit soppy and we all agreed that we were the best bunch of friends we'd ever had in an MMO. Very Happy

.. One of many nice and a bit strange memories from my time in Anarchy Online.

So - do you have any favourite memories?
Back to top Go down
http://tore.torden.org
Glavius
Moose Troll
Glavius

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:15 am

The most embarassing thing I did in an MMO was as an MT for what would become a large raid group on my WoW Server (EU-Earthen Ring). I think we were in the Molten Core...I don't think we'd taken Raggie down at the time, was quite early on. Still, I'd got in to the habbit of putting away a few beers while tanking so by this point I was a a little trashed. For some strange and bizzare reason I couldn't hold aggro. Mobs were coming off me when normally they'd stick like glue so I was getting pretty vocal over vent at ranged dps for nuking too hard. After the fourth healer had been one-shotted by my mob I noticed something: While clearing out my bags I'd equipped a grey vendor-trash quality sword. Of course just as I noticed this so did everyone else. What a pillock

G
Back to top Go down
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female
Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:06 pm

Well I done many silly things affraid but I guess the most funny of all was to play my first MMORPG for over 3 months before accualy learn how to use the chats and talk to other playesr...haha. Must say though, it was a very nice 3 months Rolling Eyes alien

I am still such a n00b lol!

Last edited by Amorey on Thu May 01, 2008 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hyborian-chronicle.blogspot.com/
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Number of posts : 367
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:13 pm

Amorey wrote:
Well I done many silly things affraid but I guess the most funny of all was to play my first MMORPG for over 3 monts before accualy learn how to use the chats and talk to other playesr...haha. Must say though, it was a very nice 3 months Rolling Eyes alien

I am still such a n00b lol!

A cute n00b that is!

I dont think I have done a big silly thing in my very short MMO life so far.... but you just wait king
Back to top Go down
ForestRaptor
Cotton Cap
ForestRaptor

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:48 am

Silly things... wow... so many Miss tells come to mind my head could blow up Razz

So not going to use those ofcourse to tell a story. It's kind of "spur of the moment" laugh out lout kind of story.

One of my first weird MMO moments was in CoH on my very first day, very first hour.

There was a bunch of people at the Atlas Park statues and we started this great streak of sillyness. Here's one of the pics from the even Razz

Pic 1
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:19 am

Haha! The big guy to the left is so misplaced Razz
Back to top Go down
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Moose Troll
Dreadwolf Mistwalker

Male
Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:20 am

once when I was at band camp......

(ok I couldnt resist)
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:22 am

Dreadwolf Mistwalker wrote:
once when I was at band camp......

(ok I couldnt resist)

Tell me Dread, what did you do with your instrument? :O lol! king
Back to top Go down
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Moose Troll
Dreadwolf Mistwalker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:23 am

sold it on ebay Razz
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:30 am

Dreadwolf Mistwalker wrote:
sold it on ebay Razz

affraid

Ewwwww....

An item touched by the Mistwalker!

or wait...

Thats an artifact! lol!
Back to top Go down
Komah Ironhart
Contarpulator
Komah Ironhart

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:10 pm

I used to go around newbie zones in EverQuest giving the monsters high level summoned pet items. There would be level 4 rats strolling about with 1600hps and 300AC, procing 250DDs. As incentive to encourage the slaughter (all in good fun at those levels, you didnt start losing XP until level 10 in EQ) I would put nice newbie items on random mobs in the same area...fun for the whole family.

Oooo, and drunken races through Kelethin...and the Great Naked Antonican Foot Race, held bi-annually....magic shows in GFay....Any Train You Can Pull I Can Pull Better matches....I can break that plane with 100 people! I can break that plane with 75 people! I can break that plane with 50 people! Break that Plane!

I miss the golden days of EverQuest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/easyallover
Dreadwolf Mistwalker
Moose Troll
Dreadwolf Mistwalker

Male

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Oh yes EQ1

the drunken kelethin race..belly laughs

the running of the gnomes

There can be only 1 (level 1 naked dwarf 25 man/woman death match)

yes charm then buff newbie area mobs ..we always dropped loot on mob to be nice

The free gold dash at the arena - we would drop gold all over the arena floor then announce it over all the low areas..sit back and blast anyone coming into the arena

good times
Back to top Go down
Inane
Moose Troll
Inane

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Not so silly I think, but some tidbits.

Komah Ironhart wrote:
I used to go around newbie zones in EverQuest giving the monsters high level summoned pet items. There would be level 4 rats strolling about with 1600hps and 300AC, procing 250DDs. As incentive to encourage the slaughter (all in good fun at those levels, you didnt start losing XP until level 10 in EQ) I would put nice newbie items on random mobs in the same area...fun for the whole family.

I did such things in muds Smile

In Anarchy-Online did I now and then find newbies that I could see had some strugles and ask if they wanted help. And I stuck with them for hours.

Or going in new-be areas to help out with buffs, perhaps some gear or credits.

The many great teaming experiences, but are too many and not very entertaining to read about, only that they were with the good feeling.

A couple that are a little extra.

Once in The Canyon, south-eastern tip of Adonis in Shadowlands (Anarchy Online). I was dual logging, tanking and healer/buffer (outside team). Then me and my friend got more company, three people that also were friends (from rather anonymous guilds and anonymous names). Not much to say about it other than it was exceptional meeting another group of mature friends to banter with or talk all kinds of nonsense, political, bureaucracy...Wonderful.

In a roleplay MUD, did I make some roleplay notes about gathering resources to help build a bridge over a dangerous ravine (Death Trap...where you also lose all your equipment...permanently). The owner of the area and the admins+owner of the mud got so excited that it became a quest even for the whole mud. Got a poster there still, "Built by the help from Tigra and the people of the lands" or something like that. (Very cool mud btw, you could build your own house and shop. I had a secret shrine behind a waterfall and as you might guess, no customers Wink)

For the N't time getting stuck on a root, log, stone in Diablo II in the cow level while in Hardcore mode, logging out too late and ending up destroying the character AND equipmenet. Absurd concept that I'll never will be serious about dealing with again.

Once, early in the AO experience, I was very upset and asked my guildmaster for help. she did and gave me some tasks to do (sorting bags). It was beautiful and I owe her much for that Smile

My first Molten Core raid. I heard people on the voice chat and text chat laugh of my green equipment. The guild was very experienced raid guild and I had never been further than Stratholme/UBRS and found those places hard enough. Of course I put lot of effort into it, but in any case did I end up second among the priests in actual healing and I felt good. I left some weeks later though.
Back to top Go down
Galbryn
Cotton Cap
Galbryn

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:33 pm

A long, long time ago in World of Warcraft I was an officer in a guild that was raiding MC. This was long before that guild got all "ZOMG SERIOUZ!". Anyways, we would occasionally come up with some silly ideas to make some fun events. Well, I came up with the Gnaked Ganughty Gnome Race. Basically it was a simple idea. Everyone who was interested made a level 1 gnome, stripped down to nakedness, and on the sound of an non participant yelling "GO!" would begin the race from the gnome/dwarf starting zone all the way to Stormwind city.

For those of you unfamiliar with the game, Stormwind was the capital for the humans and was a good bit away. The path we chose to get there was gnome/dwarf starting zone Dun Morogh (level 1-10 zone), through Lock Modan (level 10-20 zone ), then to the Badlands (level 35-40 zone), through Searing Gorge (level 43-50 zone), then through Burning Steppes (level 50-58 zone), then into Redgridge Mountains (level 15-25 zone), then into Elwynn Forest (level 1-10), and finally into Stormwind. As you can imagine, the carnage and chaos was immense. A bunch of level 1 gnomes running through these zones would aggro all kinds of beasts from insane distances. One shot deaths were very common. We even ran by a few Horde who simply stopped to watch the spectacle. Some even mounted up and followed. It was a blast! I even had the Rocky Soundtrack playing over vent.

In the end, everyone died at least once, we all leveled a few times from simple exploration XP, and fun was had by all. The winner received a couple hundred gold and a purple item from the guild bank.
Back to top Go down
Inane
Moose Troll
Inane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:51 pm

That was quite an idea, Galbryn Smile

In Unity of the Rose (AO) did we have social games now and then, Jynne mostly arranging things. Very...different and nice, too bad I don't remember those too well Smile
Involved standing in a circle and making emotes and such, and of course, dancing/bikini contests that the whole server was involved in, and the radio of course Smile
Back to top Go down
melkathi
Cotton Cap
melkathi

Male
Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 7:21 pm

What did I do?
Not much.... like everyone else had a lot of fun and a lot of spurr of the moment things that arent fun when copied over.
Had the same Molten Core experience as Vilje, just as a resto dr00d not a priest and it was the overhealing meter that had me with 1.4% overheal when the "top" priest had 90% .

Good stuff was getting lost... a lot.

I think second or third day on WoW, my irl friend who got me to join asked how I was doing if I needed help. I was at that moment walking towards Stormwind from Darnassus. So I asked him if I was going the right way "I am at this big wall called Hillsbrad, is this the right way or should I have turned right at the crossroad?"
Which was followed not too long after by "What level did you get to?" "21" "Cool what are you doing" "Looking through Felwood" "???" "There was a road and I followed it"
... add Stonetalon Mountains and the Barrens to that and alltogether it made sure that he was well prepared for the question "I am in Desolace, is our guild allied with a specific centaur tribe or did we leave that optional to each member?"

I swam around Kalimdor as a sealion. Takes a few hours. Depends if you take breaks for screenshots.
But its fun attacking Durotar from the sea. The Horde never sees you comming Wink Would have loved to organise a 40 elf strong Druid PvP raid. Marine Invasion of Durotar.

Downloaded the bloodelf and draenai textures before the release of TBC and replaced human skins with them on my comp. So I took screenshots of my guildies what they would look like as Draenai or Bloodelves. Got one of a a mage friend, as a bloodelf mocking bronzebeard Smile
Also got a screenshot of Lady Prestor as a Bloodelf.

We were planning to use nudeskins to write PlayElf, the first ingame men's magazine, but the columnists never finished their columns *shrug* So we only got the photoshoot for Miss November 2006 Razz

I think I'll go start a screenshot thread...
Back to top Go down
tore
Knuub
tore

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:57 pm

Once in AO when I was leader of Clan Imperialist Army (like in my last story), I was waiting for my two RL friends as we were gonna team up and earn some XP together. I was waiting at this outpost in the middle of nowhere and they were of course taking much, much longer than they said they would so I was getting really bored after a while. I got so bored I started making these rather profane, stupid, silly macros that would just give a chat-output like "Oh my God, look at that ghay $variable, that's the most homosexual $variable I've ever seen" where $variable of course is whatever I had targetted at the time.

When my friends finally showed up, I was of course going to show them the sillyness I'd been working so hard to perfect on the team chat so I started pressing the macro buttons .. Except I had targetted myself and instead of sending the text to the team channel, everything went out to the Clan Leaders Chat >.<

I immediately got that sunken "OH NO!!" feeling in my stomach and started spamming the leaders channel with "I'm sorry!"s, "Whoops!" and, of course, "just some norwegian misstell, sorry - nothing to see here! .. But I think about 80% of all the clan leaders were scandinavian, so that didn't really help. I was ridiculed.

Most embarassing thing I've ever done in an MMO, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://tore.torden.org
Inane
Moose Troll
Inane

Female

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Sounds just great, Tore Smile

Like a professor said in a group I was in. It is good that people make mistakes, so everyone else understand that it isn't the end of the world. And he continued explaining that finding solutions require that we think differently, meaning we have to look for things we not always know already.

If nobody dared to say something...different or possibly a wrong theory, would there be no new theories.

And it is a good thing to create and find new solutions, I think Smile

Bit associated to Melkathi Smile

Bit off topic, but inspired by his use of "dr00d" Wink

Alamo teeches u 2 Burnin Croosaid!

Alamo Teeechs u 2 play DURID too

"ALSO, DURIDS IS ALWAYS FRENDS, SO PLAY NISE, OK?"

(My first character over L20 was druid Wink I am once again back at being a druid, after many tries at being a twinked L29 and L39 druid...yuck, what a waste of feral talent points)
Back to top Go down
melkathi
Cotton Cap
melkathi

Male
Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:25 pm

that was painful ...
the dr00d version of lolcatz

though we had a team-dr00d during TBC beta with only druids. A lot of fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG   Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silliest things you've seen or done in an MMORPG
Page 1 of 1