The Age of Love Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of Love Inn

A refuge for the displaced AoC community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)

Go down 
+3
Guildmaster
Shogunate
ravenwoods
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ravenwoods
Cotton Cap
ravenwoods

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Empty
PostSubject: Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)   Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Okay, I watched Iron Man today in cinemas. While I have mixed thoughts about it, I think overall it was a good movie. Though like many comic movies (and stories) you need to suspend good amount of reality. There are tons of gaps but it was ok with me. I had very very low expectations but I came out of the cinema satisfied.

Massive Warning for Spoilers:
First of all since it is an intorductory movie it couldn't really have so many action scenes or very captivating plot. It was more like how he became the Iron Man. I was cool with it and over all acting was good. Not so many 'oh wow' moments but it is better than average. A good translation of the comics imo..

Let's come to the worst of the worst though. We are clearly told that the movie will have a sequel clearly after the credits run, so make sure you wait for it. But many people already knew this anyway. The most disappointing thing about that scene is that we see Nick Fury and are told that SHIELD is going to have a big part in the next sequel. But Nick Fury is the problem here because it is Sam Jack...

Let's list the most obvious problems:
-Nick Fury has a white (or brown depends), very dense hair, Sam Jack is shaved bald for some odd reason.
-Nick Fury is white as a bed sheet where as Sam Jack is black. I mean that is like beyond interpretive, it is completely extreme imagination!
-Nick Fury wears this blue thing, Sam is dressed in black stuff with a massive black coat, just like morpheus from Matrix! WTH! man!

Only eyepatch remained! What is next, a woman plays Captain America?
So, that is my biggest complaint. Not that i don't respect Sam Jack's acting, he is great but I dunno never imagined Nick Fury being him! It is only like was done in this Ultimate Marvel series or soemthing and I wasn't fond of it
Back to top Go down
Shogunate
Cotton Cap
Shogunate

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)   Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:30 pm

Seeing it tonight and thus wont read your spoilers. But yeah im not that excited...most marvel films suck anus, especially the x-men films. I think how much you like the films is directly proportionate to how much you like the comics.
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Number of posts : 367
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)   Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Maybe I will watch this movie when it comes to a theater near me... Maybe...
Back to top Go down
ForestRaptor
Cotton Cap
ForestRaptor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)   Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 7:03 pm

I read your spoiler, without haviing seen the movie. But since I know Iron Man's whole bio ( well up to certain degree I guess :p )

It doesn't say too much. As for your particular disaproval. The actor fits a description of a certain Ultimate marvel. I will say no more study
Back to top Go down
ravenwoods
Cotton Cap
ravenwoods

Male

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)   Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:07 am

ForestRaptor wrote:
I read your spoiler, without haviing seen the movie. But since I know Iron Man's whole bio ( well up to certain degree I guess :p )

It doesn't say too much. As for your particular disaproval. The actor fits a description of a certain Ultimate marvel. I will say no more study

I know it does fit...but I hated that already! Why go that path, that style because easier to find the right actor?!

But yeah, I am not much of a loremaster of Marvel, I remember watching cartoons of Iron Man when I was a kid and I used to love them but that's about it for me with Iron Man knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Trajanus
Knuub
Trajanus

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)   Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 5:23 pm

i saw it last night. it entertained me. it was an acceptable mainstream, summer movie.

it was no zombie strippers, but then what is? Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Inane
Moose Troll
Inane

Female
Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)   Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Trajanus wrote:
i saw it last night. it entertained me. it was an acceptable mainstream, summer movie.

alien

At least it says comedy bounce

What a Face

About Iron Man...what do people expect? The genre is full of one-liners, attitude...magical convenient handy-men and women that is shrouded in mystical childishness Smile

I hope to see it one day though Wink The flying in the trailer looks so filling of dreams Smile Even if things naturally looks bit unhealthy Wink
Back to top Go down
ravenwoods
Cotton Cap
ravenwoods

Male

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)   Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Trajanus wrote:

OH MY GOD!!!! Suspect affraid Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sturmrabe
Knuub

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)   Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:30 pm

SPOILERS!

Well the "Ten Rings" is obviously a reference to the mandarin, which was kinda sweet, I remember the whole Obadiah Stane story arc very well, and it wasn't too bad about how they integrated that...

They also had a blush of the "Armor Wars" story arc but instead of Iron Man tech getting into baddies hands it was Stark Ind weaponry...

Overall I give it a thumbs up, much better than my fears.

And i disagree, for any true fans how much you HATED the movies is directly proportional to how much you loved the comics, and IM was my #1 fav comic hands down by a wide margin so I was expecting to come out of the theater swearing.

I left as the credits rolled, so I totally missed the Nick Fury bit, I was kinds "meh" about the whole "I am Iron Man" thing, did he "take that back" or "explain it away"? (no need to tell me how, just wondering), I kinda knew it would be the "blacked up" Nick Fury, another bow to retarded entho-inclusionary-PC-bullshit....

Oh I also like how Rhoadie looked that the Gold suit (another attention to detail moment I liked, going from grey to gold) and said "not this time" or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)   Iron Man the movie (spoilers within) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Man the movie (spoilers within)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Age of Love Inn :: Community Boards :: The Inn-
Jump to: