The Age of Love Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of Love Inn

A refuge for the displaced AoC community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Komah Ironhart
Contarpulator
Komah Ironhart

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-02

The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre Empty
PostSubject: The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre   The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:29 am

As Im sure Im not the only person who haunts these forums with an interest in the occult and supernatural, I thought Id share some of my favorites.

Lets dive right in with some of my favorite local legends from right here in North Carolina.

The Mako Light A popular local legend, my father claims to have seen the Mako light when he was my age, before they tore up the tracks leading to and from Mako Station.

The USS North Carolina Battleship Featured on The SciFi Channel Series "Ghost Hunters". Interesting EVP Captured.

Fort Fisher Fort Fisher is an earth works fort which guarded the mouth of the Cape Fear river during the Civil War. It was the site of a fairly large battle. I have personally experienced several inexplicable phenomena here. I have seen General Whiting standing on the 4th Knoll, as well has having been overcome with a crippling sorrow at a particular point on one of the bridges over the marsh. Another interesting EVP is caught here.

Dr. Jacocks and the Carolina Inn

Abandoned Farmstead, Central North Carolina This one is by far the most interesting. The EVP captured as well as the experiences documented by the Seven team are downright....spooky.

Hope you enjoy. Stay scared Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/easyallover
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female
Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre   The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:15 am

Oh, fantastic idea for a thread Komah bounce cheers

Ok, let me take you to my favorite place, and one of the most hounted houses in England, Hampton Court Palace

In late December of 2003, security cameras at Hampton Court Palace, near London, captured a startling image. Security guards were unsettled to repeatedly find a fire door open when no one was apparently around. Upon checking the security tape, they were shocked by a ghostly figure.

Security Camera video

a spokesperson for the Palace, said “We’re baffled too--it’s not a joke, we haven’t manufactured it. We genuinely do not know who it is or what it is.”

A security officer, James Faukes, called the incident “unnerving,” and said they’d ruled out their costumed guides. In fact, they don’t even own a costume like the one worn by the figure on the video. “It was incredibly spooky because the face just didn’t look human,”
Back to top Go down
http://hyborian-chronicle.blogspot.com/
Guildmaster
Humpspammer
Guildmaster

Male
Number of posts : 367
Location : Sweden! Where the grass is green and the skies are just slightly contaminated

PostSubject: Re: The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre   The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:38 pm

Are you guys trying to make me have nightmares? Suspect

affraid

Haha, great thread king
Back to top Go down
Komah Ironhart
Contarpulator
Komah Ironhart

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre   The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:51 pm

The Hampton Court Palace video has been one of my favorite recent ones, but I have serious doubts as to its authenticity. Something about it seems too.....real to me. The "apparition" in question here just doesn't seem to me to be all that ethereal, and much more a part of this physical plane. I wouldn't at all be surprised if this came out to be a hoax sometime in the future. Until then however, its certainly one hell of a capture.
Back to top Go down
Komah Ironhart
Contarpulator
Komah Ironhart

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre   The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:53 am

Today, we're going to explore some of the Mysterious Disappearances that have been reported throughout history. These are some of my favorites.

The Bennington Triangle

Orion Williamson and Ambrose Bierce

And a couple of short ones I couldnt find pages dedicated to.

Owen Parfitt -

Parfitt was an ex-tailor who lived in the little English town of Shepton Mallet, in the county of Somerset. Parfitt was an invalid, aged about 70, who resided with his sister Susannah in a cottage on what was, for that day and age, a busy turnpike road. One balmy June evening in 1768, Parfitt was carried by his sister and another younger woman, Susannah Snook, downstairs and placed in a chair by the door. He was left alone there, with his coat across his chest, as his sister went upstairs and Snook went home. About fifteen minutes later, the sister heard, according to one witness account, "a noise," and quickly ran downstairs. She discovered Parfitt's chair was empty beneath the coat that was still lying there, but he was nowhere in sight. A massive search was conducted, but to no avail. Old Parfitt was well known around Shepton Mallet, and if somehow he'd miraculously managed to rise from a chair he supposedly was unable to rise unaided from, and make his way to the turnpike road, surely one of the 3000 inhabitants of the town would have noticed him. Parfitt was never seen again. 46 years later, a local attorney in Shepton Mallet, William Maskell, together with a few other locals, conducted a re-investigation of the Parfitt disappearance. There were still direct witnesses living, but from what we can gather not much new information came to light. One witness still alive, Jehosaphat Stone, left an appropriately cryptic comment, when he stated, after claiming Parfitt's sister had found the chair in which her invalid brother had been sitting to have moved when she came rushing downstairs in the wake of a "noise," that: "I knew Owen Parfitt well. He was a tailor. Many folk round here at the time believed that Owen Parfitt had been spirited off by supernatural means."

James Worson -

This case rivals Orion Williamson's for total unbelievability. Worson was a shoemaker who lived in Warwickshire, England. He was prone to bragging about his prowess as a long-distance runner, and on September 3, 1873, he was challenged by two friends, linen draper Barham Wise and photographer Hamerson Burns, to run the 40 mile distance from Leamington to Coventry. Worson accepted and started jogging while his friends followed closely in a horse-drawn cart. Worson ran easily for several miles, conversing along the way with his friends.
Suddenly, when he was only a half dozen yards from them, and with their eyes fixed upon him, Worson appeared to stumble in the middle of the road. He then fell forward and, as he went down, gave out an awful cry of terror. He then vanished completely. Burns and Wise searched frantically, but couldn't find a trace of their friend who appeared to have evaporared into thin air right before their eyes. A subsequent extensive search of the area yielded similar results, and Worson was never seen again.
Back to top Go down
Glavius
Moose Troll
Glavius

Male
Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre   The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:03 am

How did I miss this thread?! Very nice idea. I'll try to find something you might find fun in the morning thumb up

ooooh new emoticon thumb up (good job Lei!)

G
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre   The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ironhart Compendium of the Bizzare and Macabre
Page 1 of 1