The Age of Love Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of Love Inn

A refuge for the displaced AoC community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lucid dreaming.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sound
Cotton Cap
Sound

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Lucid dreaming. Empty
PostSubject: Lucid dreaming.   Lucid dreaming. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:10 pm

I am just wondering if anyone is into it and/or have had a lucid dream...

For those who dont know what it is:

Lucid dreaming is gaining conciousness while dreaming. This can more or less give you complete control of your dreams which can be very realistic. There are several methods to induce lucid dreams. Some are more passive and only makes it more possible to experience natural lucid dream. There are some methods which, if you are doing it right, can make you able to lucid dream EVERY TIME you do it. The latter is called WILD (acronym for "Wake Initiated Lucid Dream"). It is based upon tricking your body to fall asleep while you are concious. You do that by lying completily still and breathing slowly and deeply.

/Discuss.

PS: I have only had a lucid dream once, which lasted for abour 5 seconds Razz I am trying to learn WILD atm...
Back to top Go down
melkathi
Cotton Cap
melkathi

Male
Number of posts : 57

Lucid dreaming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid dreaming.   Lucid dreaming. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:37 pm

reading up on lucid dreams now.

Seems I get a LOT of those. As frequent as once a week.
Then again I also have the opposit: frequent nightmares that are VERY real.

Basically most of my positive dreams are lucid ones - lucidity comming when I catch myself thinking "bummer that I'll have to wake up at 7" as I did a few weeks ago.

The other point at which dreams very often turn lucid is when during a dream I switch role - the original me in the dream no longer can suitably represent the real me and I become another me in the dream - talk about split personality.

Certain very intense nightmares I force myself to wake up. Especially if there is a direct physical threat.

Also had a number of false awakenings even in one instance with sleepwalking Smile
Back to top Go down
Sound
Cotton Cap
Sound

Male
Number of posts : 35

Lucid dreaming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid dreaming.   Lucid dreaming. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:40 pm

You lucky bastard!
Back to top Go down
melkathi
Cotton Cap
melkathi

Male
Number of posts : 57

Lucid dreaming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid dreaming.   Lucid dreaming. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:51 pm

I'll swap them for not having the nightmares.

My bad dreams sometimes get so real I spend half the day trying to prove to myself that they really were just dreams. Had a dream once that a friend of mine had been stabbed and died. It was so real, especially since in the dream was not about it happening, but about remembering it happening.
When I woke up I had to phone people up to completly convince myself it hadnt really happened.
Back to top Go down
Inane
Moose Troll
Inane

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Lucid dreaming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid dreaming.   Lucid dreaming. Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 9:10 am

Not sure I would call it lucid, but I do for sure have very detailed and thoughtful dreams now and then.

Lots of nightmares when I was younger, but now is it very calm (even if dramatic and monumental things that happens).

I have this habit of telling my brother about dreams, but they completely freak him out hehe cat

One of the more amusing ones, when I look back at it, was when I was 7-8 or so I imagine. I dreamt that I had broken my arm. Then I woke up with fever and I was in panic for my arm that was broken and I needed a doctor.

It wasn't home either. cat
Back to top Go down
Amorey
Moose Troll
Amorey

Female
Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Lucid dreaming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid dreaming.   Lucid dreaming. Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:28 pm

Well alien I have a very strong memory of 2 dreams I had in my life.

I think I do dream all the time but usually I do tend to forget very soon after waking up about it.

In the case of those 2 *spacial* dreams that did not happen.

They were both very vivid and sharp, in colors and with sounds.

When I had the first dream I was still living in Italy (I did not speak English back then). In my dream I saw myself in a kind of Bar/Tavern/Pub.
There were many people around me and I was talking to then...in English.
I remember the place, it was a wood-paneled room, with the bar on one side and tables.
There was some music playing in the background...I remember someone next to me.
A friend I think, he was much taller then me...I remember him looking strong, and passing a drink to me with a smile. His face it's not very clear now in my memory...but I think I could reconize him.I remember going out of the bar/pub...it was a warm summer night, and I remember the smell of the sea and the sound of the waves

The second dream I had and that was as strong as the first one was of me, on a clif overlooking the sea...this was a painful dream because the next thing I saw was a woman (that was me) giving birth to a child. The little baby was a girl, and was given to the woman in a green room or tend. I remember holding this little baby and whispering words to her while she was holding my index finger with her little hand.

Then the scene changed and I remember seening myself wearing a Native American soft suede dress (I love those dresses by the way).

Do you think I am nut? affraid Rolling Eyes cheers

Much more did happen in those 2 dreams...maybe one day I will tell the full story of them.
Back to top Go down
http://hyborian-chronicle.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Lucid dreaming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucid dreaming.   Lucid dreaming. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucid dreaming.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Age of Love Inn :: Community Boards :: The Inn-
Jump to: